Thursday 18 December 2014

I'm... living?

How I feel sometimes when realizing I'm living
A while ago I was learning for my history test about the french revolution and Louis XIV when I suddenly realized how strange it actually was I was just sitting there, seeing black images we call letters and that these form words, sentences, stories in my head which I can even remember. It all of a sudden seemed so unrealistic, how I can lift my arm and move my fingers when I want to do so, how the world has developed enormously in such a relative short time, how something was created out of a few cells which now is able to think and talk.

When I was young, I once told my father that I believed I was the only one who could actually think and feel pain and emotions, everyone else just seemed like a sort of robots in my eyes. I just could not believe that all these other people also had there own life and might have the same thoughts as I had. It was so unimaginable for me back then. Now of course, I discovered that the people around me are actual real-life people, not robots, but sometimes I have these moments again that I just realize, I'm... living. You have these, too?

No comments:

Post a Comment